Welcome to Lake Gaston Flower Shop!

Located In Beautiful Down Town Gasburg, Virginia!

We Hope You Find Our Blog Interresting And Helpful!

Visit lakegastonflowers.com for 24 hour ordering!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Week

It's Christmas week and Lake Gaston is buzzing with activity! People are making last minute preparations for the big day! The Gasburg Post Office next door has had a steady stream of patrons all day. I was told that today is the busiest day of the year for them. I wonder if it is as busy as years past?
Since we have a lot of retirees at the Lake I have been asking my clients if they plan to travel or are they having their family here. Most have said they plan on staying here but a few have said they are traveling to destinations like New York, New Jersey, Florida, Virginia Beach and Maryland. I also have a client who rents a home here for Christmas because her family can't decide who's house they are going to have Christmas at. So they rent one and everyone in her family is together. Great idea!
For me, the week of Christmas is  fun filled work. The fragrance of fresh cut evergreens waft through the shop. My hands are usually sticky with sap and more than a few hundred flecks of glitter can be found on the tops of my shoes! As I make each flower arrangement I imagine what these flowers will mean to the person who receives them. I always get a warm gooey feeling... then I snap back to reality and remember I have so much more to do! I hear this little voice in the back of my head that says " Work Faster!"
So, If you get a beautiful flower arrangement from Lake Gaston Flower Shop please know that it was hand made by someone who was wondering about your Christmas and I hope it is the best one ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment